With the onset of the digital age, the use of social media has really hit the roof, especially among millennials. In fact, according to a recent study, 88% of participants falling between the ages of 18-29 admitted to using some form of social media. This should hardly come as a surprise considering that millennials have been dubbed as the most ‘connected’ generation yet. With the onset of this millennium generation, there has been a surge in the number of social networks that have dominated cyberspace. The nature of these platforms has been diverse ranging from text-based like Facebook and Twitter to the image based Instagram. So if you’re any of these websites, you are not alone.
That being said, do you know what else is on the rise these days? Unemployment! That’s right folks. The number of jobs has reduced and is forecasted to dip even more in years to come owing to automation. So meanwhile, it wouldn’t kill to explore new avenues now, would it? In that regard, I must say that you’re in luck because social media has made it possible. Ranging from artistry to modelling, a significant number of people are looking to social media as a way to pay their bills. Guess what? You could be a part of that statistic too. So put your reading glasses on and pay attention as I tell all about the career possibilities available in social media today:
Content Creator on YouTube
YouTube is currently the biggest platform for vlogging and content creation in general. It has become the bread and butter for many big names ranging from the likes of Logan Paul to PewDiePie. Regardless of what your passion may be, Youtube is the platform for you. All kinds of content ranging from political commentary to comedy to making covers of popular songs have found a home on Youtube. What is so good about this platform is the amount of revenue that you could generate through just a couple of channels. However, all is not gold. Youtube has come down hard in recent times with regard to censoring certain kinds of content. Further, the scope of earning from ad revenue has come down in recent years. However, I must say that starting a Youtube channel is still the easiest way to get rich and famous on social media.
Now if you’re shy like me, then you’re not going to be very comfortable on camera. Although that’s understandable, it’s no reason for not trying to start a career in social media. If you’ve got a flair for writing, then the world of blogging beckons! In fact, you could sign up on platforms like Medium and WordPress and get going in no time. If you have something important to say, you’ll always find an audience. Don’t believe me? Ask the likes of WP Eka and 87 Studios. Guess what? You could be one of them, provided you start typing!
This is a prospect that has really shot up in recent years. If you think you’ve got what it takes, then there’s no reason for you to not give this career a shot! If Emily Ratajkowski or Andre Hamann can make it big, then so can you! With a few steps, you could easily be on your way to becoming an Instagram model:
- Define Your Purpose– It is important to set your eyes on one platform considering that there are so many platforms these days. Think about what you want to achieve with your modelling career on social media.
- Choose your platform wisely- Always choose your platform with regard to what you want to achieve.
- Gain followers and follow influential models yourself– It is important that you build connections regardless of what industry you’re in. Also, it doesn’t kill to have an eye on what your peers (more like competitors) are up to so you can stay up to date with trends.
- Know Your Audience– In case of any business, you ought to know the demographic that you are catering to. This also applies to the field of modelling where you ought to know who your core demographic is.
- Set Goals- This may one of the most generic pieces of professional advice, but it pretty much holds true. It is important that you set short-term goals as well as a long-term goal. It is essential that you monitor your progress so that you know that you’re growing.
- Grow Your Audience– Apart from growing personally, you also ought to widen the size of your demographic as you get more popular. It is important that you step of your comfort zone.
- Schedule Your Content– When it comes to social media, the strategy is everything and the difference could come down to 100 new followers and 500 ‘unfollows’. So, it is important that you set a schedule of what you post. You can do this with services like Hootesuite and Buffer.
Social Media Marketing
Every business requires marketing and there’s no better way to do it than social media. Social Media Marketing refers to the process of gaining traffic or attention through social media attention. There are a plethora of social networking sites these days and they are the perfect way to reach an audience. Various sites like Facebook enable you to run ads while promoting your business or service. It is important that you formulate a marketing plan on what you want to achieve through a marketing campaign.
Now that we have established that there are various career options available in the realm of social media today. All you need to do is to set your mind on what you’re passionate about and you’re pretty much good to go. So the next time you’re on social media, stop trolling and start earning!
Also, check out: 7 Dynamic Personalities Who Live Their Passion Through Profession